Skip to main content

Subject access request

You have the legal right to access personal information we hold about you. This is called a subject access request.

We do not hold social work files; these are held by the relevant local authority. If you wish a copy of your social work file, these requests should be sent directly to the relevant local authority.

We have one month from the date we receive your subject access request and verification of identity to provide you with a response. Asking for specific information will help us process your request sooner than if you ask for all your information. For example, you may only be looking for information between specific dates. Once we receive your request we will contact you to request verification of identity, such as a photo driving licence or passport.

Complete the form to make a subject access request.

You can also email your request to: with the following information:

  • your full name, address and email address
  • date of birth
  • how you would prefer we contact you, ie email or post
  • registration/application number if you have applied or are registered with us
  • details of the specific information you require and any relevant dates.

Or write to:

Scottish Social Services Council
Compass House
11 Riverside Drive