You can start a new job in social care, children’s or young people's services without a qualification and work towards it. We will register you on the condition you gain the qualification. This is known as a qualification condition.

You can find out what the main qualification is for your level of job role and service type on our Help with Register parts, fees and qualifications page.

Social workers must hold a social work qualification and social work students must be on a social work course before applying for registration.

Back to Registration and MySSSC help centre