It’s important you make every effort to get your qualification in the timescales specified but we appreciate there may be times where this isn’t possible.
We investigate exceptional cases on an individual basis to determine whether we can give you more time to achieve a qualification.
If you fail to gain your qualification, we will be looking for you to tell us:
- what you did to try and achieve your qualification
- what prevented you from achieving a qualification in the timescales
- what you did to gain relevant funding
- what you did to find a training provider to undertake your award.
We will also get information from your employer, and any relevant training providers so we have a good picture of your circumstances. We may also ask you for any relevant evidence to support your case.
The outcome of our investigations may be:
- to give you additional time to achieve an award
- to remove you from the Register.