It’s important you make every effort to get your qualification in the timescales specified but we appreciate there may be times where this isn’t possible.
We investigate exceptional cases on an individual basis to determine whether we can give you more time to achieve a qualification. We will contact you a couple of weeks before your qualification condition expires for more information. You don’t need to contact us before this.
If you fail to gain your qualification, we will ask you to provide the following information in your MySSSC account:
- what you did to try and achieve your qualification
- what prevented you from achieving a qualification in the timescales
- what you did to gain relevant funding
- what you did to find a training provider to undertake your award.
We will also get information from your employer, and any relevant training providers so we have a good picture of your circumstances. We may also ask you for any relevant evidence to support your case.
The outcome of our investigations may be:
- to give you additional time to achieve an award
- to remove you from the Register.