The criteria we set for qualifications for registration is that any award:
- incorporates assessment against occupational standards or is based on the assessment of work-based competence
- is designed to match a particular function or range of functions within social services, or meets registration criteria set by a nationally recognised regulatory body
- is subject to a recognised and regulated form of external verification or assessment.
The key principles are that any award must:
- integrate observed, assessed practice and learning
- be recognised within a national qualifications framework
- recognise the importance of underpinning knowledge and a value base that is consistent with the Code of Practice for Social Service Workers.