The criteria we set for qualifications for registration is that any award:
- incorporates assessment against occupational standards or is based on the assessment of work-based competence
- is designed to match a particular function or range of functions within social services, or meets registration criteria set by a nationally recognised regulatory body
- is subject to a recognised and regulated form of external verification or assessment.
Please note we’re currently reviewing our approach to accepting qualifications which have been accepted by another regulatory body. If you have any questions about this or your qualifications being suitable for SSSC registration, contact us using the web form on our Contact us page.
The key principles are that any award must:
- integrate observed, assessed practice and learning
- be recognised within a national qualifications framework
- recognise the importance of underpinning knowledge and a value base that is consistent with the Code of Practice for Social Service Workers.