Post registration training and learning (PRTL) is about ongoing learning and development.
Everyone registered with us has to meet PRTL requirements as part of their registration.
How much do I need to do and by when?
The requirements are different depending on your Register part.
Please read the guidance for your Register part before your start.
PRTL activities can include the following
- Training - SVQ units, courses such as child/adult protection and first aid.
- Reading - books, Scottish Government policy information, journal articles, newspapers, online publications.
- Job shadowing - another member of staff in your own organisation or another organisation.
- Independent research - as part of a qualification or in order to further develop an area of your practice.
- Mentoring - another worker going through a qualification, a student within your workplace.
- There are a variety of ways to learn and develop and it does not have to be formally certified.
There's no set amount to write. Quality is more important than quantity. It’s important to say what you learned and how you have used it in your practice.
We've put together some PRTL recording examples to help you.
How do I record my PRTL?
What happens when I renew my registration?
If you have been selected to submit your PRTL when you renew your registration, we will contact you. If you give us enough information about what you have learned and how you have put this into practice at work, then this will meet the requirement for your PRTL. If we need more information we will ask you to submit this.
If you have any further questions about PRTL please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0345 60 30 891.