£22,770 - £24,831 (pro rata)
Job share 17.5 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Communications Assistant to join the Communications Department at the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) for 12 months to cover maternity leave. Our department leads the SSSC’s communication and engagement, setting and delivering our internal and external communications priorities.
- create engaging content for our various communications channels such as video, audio, web and print
- compile and distribute our enewsletters to internal and external audiences
- work with our Digital Engagement Officer to update, maintain and track content on our intranet and websites
- write and edit content to a high standard, consistent with our house style
- help to organise events and attend as required to represent the SSSC, setting up stands and displaying promotional material and answering routine questions
- maintain and develop our social media and online presence, providing information and engaging dialogue for stakeholders to promote the SSSC and our projects
- monitor, record press cuttings, social media and other activities, carrying out analysis that contributes to our evaluation and impact assessment.
You must have:
- an HND in a relevant subject or equivalent experience
- have creative flair, a strong customer focus and be motivated and enthusiastic
- a flexible approach and be able to manage changing priorities and demands
- the ability to analyse results and insights
- clear and concise written and oral communication skills
- experience using website content management systems.
Experience of photo, video and audio editing and production would be an advantage as would experience using SharePoint and Microsoft Office 365 applications.
What you’ll get in return
This post is available on a job share basis of 17.5 hours per week.
We provide a full range of benefits including up to 43 days holiday (pro rata and service dependent), pension and opportunities for flexible working.
You’ll find more information in the job description and person specification below.
Who we are
The SSSC is the independent regulator for social service workers in Scotland. Our work means the people of Scotland can count on social services being provided by a trusted, skilled and confident workforce. We protect the public by registering social service workers, setting standards for their practice, conduct, training and education and by supporting their professional development. Where people fall below the standards of practice and conduct we can investigate and take action. There are over 200,000 people employed in social services in Scotland. Over 100,000 of these people are registered with the SSSC.
This is a re-advertisement. Previous applicants do not need to re-apply.
Please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8.00am on Monday 21 October quoting ‘Communications Assistant’ as the email subject. The application form and equal opportunities monitoring form are available below.
Interviews will be held on Friday 1 November.