35 hours per week
The Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) is the regulator for the social service workforce in Scotland. Following an internal promotion we have an exciting opportunity for a solicitor to provide support to the Legal and Corporate Governance Department. The LCG Department provides effective, high quality legal advice and assistance to the SSSC on a wide range of legal, information governance and corporate governance matters. You will be part of an innovative and effective team which ensures the SSSC is equipped to contribute towards the people of Scotland being able to count on social services being provided by a trusted, skilled and confident workforce.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to gain valuable experience as part of an in-house legal team to a Scotland wide regulator.
What we can offer
- A unique opportunity to work in a non-departmental public body in-house legal team, shortlisted as finalists at the Scottish Legal Awards 2019.
- The opportunity to:
- shape how the Legal and Corporate Governance department supports the SSSC
- advise us on a wide range of legal and governance matters
- advise on our obligations under data protection laws
- advise us on a range of regulatory matters including the impact of legislation on the work that we do.
- A track record of investment in personal development.
- A comprehensive benefit package.
- Flexible working arrangements.
How to apply
You’ll find more information in the job description and person specification. If you would like a confidential chat about the role please contact Natalie Paterson on 01382 346496.
To apply, please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8am on Monday 9 September 2019 quoting ‘Solicitor – Legal and Corporate Governance’ as the email subject. The application form and equal opportunities monitoring form are available below.
The panel interview is expected to take place the week commencing Monday 16 September 2019.