Search the Register
You can check the registration status of a social worker or social care worker.
What does "registration status" mean?
- Registered means that the person is currently registered.
- Interim suspension means that the person's registration has been suspended as a precautionary measure under the SSSC (Conduct) Rules while we investigate.
- Suspended means that the person's registration has been suspended under the SSSC (Conduct) Rules.
- Removed means that a person has been removed from the Register following a decision under the SSSC (Conduct) Rules.
- Information on those registrants with an interim order or decision under the SSSC (Conduct) Rules, can be found here.
How to search
You can search a social service worker's record using first name or surname or town of employment or their Scottish Social Service Council registration number.
You do not need to enter information in every section on the search form. Results will only be returned where the search terms used match what we hold on record. If you can't find who you are looking for, try searching just by registration number or just by first and last name.
The search facility does allow "wild card" searching for the first name eg Rob will give Robert.
Click here to begin your search
If you require further information, please contact the Registration Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01382 207101.
There are a number of other regulators covering social service professionals outside Scotland and other health professionals. Please see below for links to their registers:
Social Care Wales
Northern Ireland Social Care Council
Health and Care Professions Council
Nursing and Midwifery Council
The General Teaching Council for Scotland
General Medical Council
General Dental Council