Feedback and complaints and duty of candour events (Stirling)
Health and social care staff can find out more about the new social work and NHS complaints procedure and the duty of candour at free events this March. The new model of complaints handling procedures for social work and the NHS will come into force on 1 April 2017 and the new Duty of Candour will come into force on 1 April 2018.
The events will help provide staff with skills, knowledge and confidence to implement the complaints handling procedures and to help prepare staff for the new Duty of Candour.
We’re working in partnership with the Scottish Government, NHS Education for Scotland, Scottish Public Services Ombudsman, the Care Inspectorate and Healthcare Improvement Scotland to deliver four events across the country for all health and social care staff including independent contractors and care providers.
The events will run from 9.30am – 4.30pm on the following dates:
- 2 March 2017 - Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel, Clydebank
- 9 March 2017 - Perth Concert Hall
- 16 March 2017 - Edinburgh International Conference Centre
- 23 March 2017 - Stirling Court Hotel.
The events will give you the opportunity to learn from the experiences of colleagues across health and social care. There will be a range of presentations, including a keynote address from the Scottish Government and also a conversation with a carer about their experience. There will also be a series of interactive workshops to give you the information and tools you need to meet the requirements of the new model of complaints handling procedures and help to understand your roles and responsibilities under the Duty of Candour which applies to all health and social care staff in Scotland.
You can attend four of the following workshops:
- Power of Apology
- NHS and Social Work model Complaints Handling Procedures
- Duty of Candour - Roles and Responsibilities
- Adverse Events in Health and Social Care
- Social Care Complaints and Duty of Candour
- Meetings with Families and Difficult Conversations.
|Event End Date||23/02/2017|
|Location||Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel|