Features and interviews
How we can help you
We can arrange interviews on topics such as:
- registration of social workers, social care and day care of children workers
- the SSSC Codes of Practice for Social Service Workers and Employers; one setting out the standards for workers and the other the responsibilities of employers of workers in social care, early years and young people’s workforce in Scotland
- qualification requirements for social service workers
- education and training opportunities
- issues concerning the sector
- statistical information regarding the workforce
- international qualifications
- the work of the sector skills council, Skills for Care and Development (SfCD)
- action taken against social service workers and removal from the register
- making sure workers are qualified for the jobs they do
- conduct hearings
- careers in social services.
We can also arrange interviews with:
- Interim Chief Executive, Lorraine Gray
- the Convener, Professor James McGoldrick.
SSSC News Online
You can see our regular features, the latest news from the SSSC and the social service sector and search for topics or people you are interested on SSSC News Online (our online magazine).