Our work means the people of Scotland can count on social services being provided by a trusted, skilled and confident workforce.
We will achieve this by working towards the following outcomes:
- there is a safe, skilled, confident and flexible social service workforce with the appropriate values, knowledge, skills and qualifications for current and future sector needs
- the SSSC is influential in policy making and the social services sector
- the social service workforce is valued
- qualifications for social service workers are fit for purpose
- the right people are on the SSSC Register
- the SSSC’s resources, products and activities support the development of the workforce and increase its capacity and capability
- the SSSC is recognised as a well-run, well governed and effective organisation.
Our work is based on and driven by our values: